If this occurs, please do the following:
Step 1: Make sure all other APPs that use your camera and/or microphone are closed when you launch the VTConnect App.
Take note that some programs automatically open when you turn on your device, so be sure to close these APPs too. The VTConnect App will not be able to initialize the audio and/or video for a session if another App is already connected to your system's camera and/or microphone.
Step 2: Check to make sure your camera and microphone hardware are functioning correctly.
Step 3: Check the firewall settings to see if they are preventing the VTConnect App from receiving the incoming audio/video connection.
On a PC follow these steps:
- Open the Control Panel
- Click System and Security
- Click Windows Firewall
- Click the link that says Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall
- This will pull up a list of programs and make sure there is a check in the box next to VTConnect
- If not, click the Change Settings button, check the box next to VTConnect, and then click the OK button
On a Mac follow these steps:
- Open System Preferences
- Click the Security or Security & Privacy icon
- Select the Firewall tab
- Click the lock icon in the preference pane, then enter an administrator name and password
- Click the Firewall Options button
- Click the Add Application (+) button.
- Select the VTConnect App
- Click Add
- Click the OK button