[Must be an Organizational Administrator or Department Administrator]
Create Staff Account
- Login to the VTConnect Portal with the credentials you established for your account and click on the Staff top menu item.
- Click the "Create New" button to create staff accounts
- Fill in the applicable fields and click the "Create" button.
- The staff member will be sent an automatic email notification of the account creation and a link to define their username and password.
Assign Staff to Roles and Departments
- Each staff member can be assigned to specific system roles and/or departments during the set up process or this can be done later by editing the staff account.
- These roles and department assignments define the level of access and available functionality of the VTConnect system for a particular user. The document below summarizes the implied permissions with each role.
- Please note, if you assign a staff member the Practitioner role, you will not be able to associate any clients to that practitioner until you "Save" the new staff account and then "Edit" the staff account to add associations to available clients.
- Be sure to click "Save" when you are finished.
- For easy reference to the image below during the staff set up process, just click on the "?" next to the System Roles and Department Assignments.
Enable/Disable New Client Notifications
- By default all Organizational Administrators, Department Administrators, and Care Coordinators will receive new client email notifications whenever a front end client registration is created and confirmed.
- To disable these email notifications during the set up process or while editing the staff account, uncheck the box next to the field "Receive New Client Notifications".The staff member can manage their notifications as well when logged into the Office Portal.
List Staff with Practitioner Role in the Practice Directory on your VTConnect Office Portal
- Click the box to next to "List in Directory" if you want the staff member to be listed in the Practice Directory for your organization. Click HERE for more details on the Practice Directory.
- If the option to "List in Directory" is selected for a practitioner, any completed fields in the Practice Directory Information will display in your Practice Directory Profile and for Virtual Therapy Connect also in your 3rd Party Verified Therapist Directory profile.
- The Organizational Administrator(s) and Department Administrator(s) can complete any of the directory fields for the Practitioner when setting up or by editing the Staff account.
- For the Practitioner to edit their own record, they must have at least the Care Coordinator role.
Make a Staff Account Inactive or Active
- Login to the VTConnect Office Portal with the credentials you established for your account and click on the Staff top menu item.
- The default view is the Active staff list.
- To change the view to Inactive staff, use the drop down menu in the upper right.
- To move an Active staff to the Inactive staff list, click on the staff record in the Active list, click "Edit", and then un-check the box next to "Active", then click "Save".
- To move an Inactive staff to the Active staff list, click on the client record in the Inactive list, click "Edit", and then check the box next to "Active", then click "Save".
NOTE: If you wish to delete a staff account, click HERE for instructions.