- Use technology systems/products that are secure and will work best with your existing equipment.
- Make sure your clients have access to the necessary technology devices, and take note that most platforms have specific technical requirements in order to connect and work effectively.
- Review technology requirements with your clients before scheduled sessions. It is very disruptive and frustrating to try to figure out technology issues during an appointment.
- Research your professional license guidelines for distance services and the laws and legal regulations regarding telehealth for each country and the individual states/districts/provinces in which you wish to see clients.
- There are some variations in the “technology” requirements for different countries. Check that your technology vendor is in compliance.
Do your due diligence first and then enjoy the wonderful journey into telehealth that supports value based healthcare!